Community You Can Believe In
On Rosh Hashanah First Day & Yom Kippur, we offer three distinct services:
- Our Sanctuary service for those who prefer a more formal experience with Rabbi Rosen, Cantor Ness, our Austin organ and the majesty of our choir
- Our Chapel service for those who appreciate the intimacy of a small setting along with a more “Shabbat style” traditional service with lay leaders Jason Kay and Susan Gold
- Our Kessler Hall service with Rabbi Garber and Rabbi Sowalsky for those who want to explore a brief “highlights” service with a musical band accompaniment
We also offer special programs for children pre-K through grade 4.
Our Second Day of Rosh Hashanah is open to the community! We offer two options:
- The Sanctuary features a festive atmosphere with a service that is somewhat abridged and also more informal, spirited, and participatory. The organ is not played in this service and Cantor Ness and our choir lead congregational singing featuring melodies familiar to all.
- We also have a Meaningful Family Service for all ages. Parents, grandparents and children are invited to join Rabbi Garber and Rabbi Sowalsky for a family service, with interactive parent and child learning, and a shofar blasting competition. Our younger children will have an opportunity to tumble on our equipment while parents socialize.
Select from two Kol Nidrei services:
- Our Sanctuary Service captures the awe-inspiring splendor as we prepare to ask God for forgiveness. Rabbi Rosen and Cantor Ness, together with the choir and the Austin organ, create a magnificent setting for this solemn evening of prayer.
- In the intimacy of the chapel, Rabbi Garber and Susan Gold create a quiet atmosphere where we can listen closely for the still, small voice of God.
Experience Neilah in a Personal Way
As Yom Kippur concludes and the symbolic Gates of Heaven are closing, we invite our members and members of the community to stand before the ark, alone or with their family, for a personal moment of reflection and prayer. Non-Jewish family members are welcome to join this very moving experience.
The High Holiday supplement in Temple Topics contains complete information about our services, tickets, seating, parking, and more.